Saturday, March 5, 2011

Orchid Attack!!

It has been a very long and wonderful day. My best friend Dan && I woke up at 4am and made the 5 hour drive to Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania for the Orchid Extravaganza.

There were many different kinds of orchids all over the conservatories, so I was the luckiest girl at the show to have my very own walking orchid encyclapedia. ( Dan loves growing rare orchids like I love growing cut flowers. )










my favorite!








The conservatory structures themselves are quite beautiful. They were built in 1920 && I think they still look damn good!


It was so much fun. We went through the 18 roomed conservatory many times.

I'm in my big comfy Marriott bed as I write this && I can hardly wait for morning to come. I look forward to the Philadelphia International Flower Show every year && I will finally be there once again tomorrow!   

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! Maybe I can follow and get some advice on Cymbidium orchids. Mine haven't been doing too well and I really enjoy Cymbidiums...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joshua! If you need some advice on anything orchid I recomend checking out my friend's blog Orchid a day by Dan. Its on my blog list. Hes an expert when it comes to those tricky orchids. :D

    ReplyDelete